Music selections for our upcoming season (Fall 2016 to Spring 2017) have been announced by Cailin Manson Marcel Manson, BCCS Music Director:
December, 2016 concert, entitled Rejoice! Exact date to be determined:
Rehearsals typically begin in September. Exact date to be determined.
The program will include a chamber ensemble.
• Handel — Dixit Dominus (solos to come from within the chorus)
• Haydn — The Heavens Are Telling from The Creation (solos to come from within the chorus)
• Robert Shaw / Robert Russell Bennett — The Many Moods of Christmas, Suite Four
(Break Forth, O Beauteous Heavenly Light, The First Nowell, O Little Town of Bethlehem, I Saw Three Ships, Deck The Halls)
• Handel — Hallelujah Chorus from Messiah
In Spring, 2017, we have two projects, which we will work on simultaneously — and we will get the challenge of being an opera chorus, in concert.
Rehearsals typically begin in January. Exact date to be determined.
First Project, early April, 2017. Exact date to de determined:
• Mozart’s Idomeneo, performed in collaboration with the Music and Drama Departments of Bennington College (presented with classical orchestra)
— We will perform five or six major choral movements in this work; all of them gems; and we’ll get to be a dramatic character in the drama!
— And it’s Mozart!
— Most likely to be presented in Greenwall Auditorium at Bennington College.
Second Project, May 5 and 6, 2017:
• Beethoven Concert, performed in collaboration with the Springfield Community Chorus in honor of their 50th Anniversary (with full orchestra).
— Beethoven – Symphony No. 9 An die Freude
— (possibly another shorter piece by Beethoven or Mendelssohn)
• One of the performances will be presented in Bennington.